Saturday, July 08, 2006

Pete Doherty on Jonathan Ross



Pete said he was stepping up his fight with drug addiction in an interview with Jonathan Ross last night.

"Being skint, drunk, paranoid, no, I don't wish that for myself. For the first time in my life I'm upping the stakes in my battle against it".

The singer went on to explain about his twice-weekly drug tests, before describing the effect that rehabilitation is having on his creative output, saying: "Being clean means I can sit down and rediscover writing. My song-writing suffered, being on drugs."

Doherty also said that he still loves Kate Moss.

Asked about his relationship with the members of his former band The Libertines, he said: "I just became persona non grata, I got booted out, it was just exile - I suppose because of the drugs but really because I didn't want to tour. None of them talk to me. Carl... we were best friends, we loved what we did, we took it right to the end."

No comments: